IB Practice Paper 1 Reflection (Nov. 27)

In class, we had done our first Practice Paper 1 that IB requires. We were given 2 different text types and had to write about them. They were both about gender stereotyping and basically showing just how bad it can really be. The first text type was a cartoon showing a mother and her newborn and a nurse. The other text type was a story about a girl who lived with gender stereotyping in her country and how common it was.

I decided that I would try to write your standard 5 paragraph essay which I did. The thing is that I didn't write an outline which I wish I did. I could have gotten all of my thoughts in order if I did. I did go through the big 5 while writing this when describing both text types, but I wish I had outlined what I would have written as I repeated a lot of what was in the paragraphs. I also should have used quotes and specific examples from the texts. If I did, then I think the paper would have been better. I could tell that my thoughts were jumbled as I think I was trying to be as descriptive as I could while trying to get it done in the class period.

I think if I outlined my thoughts and put in evidence from the texts, then I think I would have had a stronger paper. It would definitely help my paper grow and so I can add new thoughts if it can help make it a stronger paper.

Text 1
Displaying cathy.jpg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Analyzing Two Different Commercials

IB Practice IOC Recording